Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Susana Alicia Huerta

Hello all,

     We let me be frank with you.  This last 6 days has been rough.  My baby sister passed away on May 11th.  She was only 19 years old.  She was on her way home from Texas A&M CC after completing her Freshman year.  She was an honors student. She was also my #1 supporter on my journey to spread the word about co sleeping.  Here is a quote I found in a paper on her jump drive today,
"I am proud of my entire academic career but my greatest accomplishment has been writing two papers on co-sleeping in memory of my late nephew. I am proud that I have been able to educate at least one person on the dangers of co-sleeping and the common signs of SIDS. I hope to be able to make a presentation to the TAMUCC Women’s Center and spread awareness."  
I know that it seems like all of my blogs are just sad, I don't mean for them to be! Please bare with me through this journey of healing.  I am just going to have to start over.  I haven't cried since Saturday.  Am I numb? Am I still in shock? I am not too sure. I can tell you that I am definatly not ok.  I'm a little mad, sad and sometimes lost.  My little sister was there with me every step of the way after Tyler's death.  She was adament about being with me on Tyler's 1st birthday last October to take pictures. I was so lucky to be able to get one of her and myself. 

 I would sometimes panic and random hours about making sure that I was able to get all of Tyler's pictures from everyone's computer. I would call her and she would answer no matter the time and assure me that she would get all the pictures.  This happened more than once!! Susana also taught me how to say "I love you" no matter what.  We didn't grow up always saying it, so I had to get used to it .  I now have no problem telling anyone how much they mean to me. I just pray that she knew how much I loved her.
We went and saw the car today.  We cleaned it out.  I am not sure what to say about that. I am not sure how I actually felt about it. We have been told over and over again that she did not suffer. That gives our family a little comfort. Susana was buried next to my son on Sunday. There was this bird that kept chirping and chirping.  When we got back to San Antonio to my mom's house, that bird was still chirping.  I guess she found her way home!
We had two services for Susana.  She went to junior high and high school in San Antonio, so we had a service in San Antinio Saturday.  There were tons of people there.  My sister meant so much to so many people.  There was so much love there.  The service on Sunday was also beautiful. We had it in La Grange and lots of family and friends also showed up. There was these three girls who showed up that she went to college with. They told us how much Susana loved her family and that she missed us so much.
Well I have tons more to say, and I will write more blogs about Susana.  I encourage you to read her obit.  It will give you a better idea about how awesome she was. 
Love,
Marisa


2 comments:

  1. Marisa, Chris and I just want you to know that we have followed both your stories and are praying for you and your family. You are truly a strong woman and have inspired me with all the strength you show, just through your words. Continue to be strong and one of my good friends always reminds me that God never gives us more than we can handle, although He gives us a lot at times, there is always a plan. Praying for you and your family, Terri and Chris Leal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog from maddie staats. I just want you to know that because of you and your stories I am cherishing evey moment I have with my babies and the rest of my family. I'm so sorry for your losses and pay that you find strength and happiness each day.

    ReplyDelete