Monday, March 28, 2011

www.babyroomtobreathe.org

Hi! I am Marisa, a mother of two, one in Heaven and my daughter is almost 6.  Yea, I really hate having to explain that I have a child in Heaven.  Tyler passed away on January 22,2010.  He was three moths and 15 days old.  He died next to me.  I never moved and he never moved.  His death certificate says accidental suffication.  I wanted to throw up when I read it. I didn't roll on him and no there wasn't a blanket on his head. The one thing that Tyler and many otherc children who have died have in common is that he was sleeping with me on an adult mattress.  I am new to this and have tons of things that I want to say running through my head, so I am going to collect my thoughts and get back to you! If it wasn't for my new friend Kellie I couldn't have done this!

Marisa

2 comments:

  1. O sweetie You are very brave. You can help so many others by doing this and I hope it helps you heal. I lost a son to SIDS so I know the feeling of the loss and still feel guilty and what I could have done and it has been 22 years for me. Some days still feel like yesterday.Take each day as it comes hun and keep your head up. I will be following to see how you are doing and Bless your friend that is helping you !!!!! That goes a long way... Huggggssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im new to ur blog but will read each day and pray for you. So glad Kelli got you to open up... you can be a blessing to so many people by sharing your story. I never slept with my son (now 2 yrs old) but so many people do. Only reason i didnt is b.c i didnt want to spoil him.. So thankful now!! I have a new niece on the way and my brother and soon to be sis and law are very youg and im trying to educate them from my blogs that i read.. Thank you for posting and again im so sorry about baby Tyler. He is now watching down on you =)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete